LIGHTER ALCOHOL WINE
Lighter Alcohol. Lower Alcohol. Reduced Alcohol. Lifestyle wines. Call ’em what you want, but there’s a huge movement worldwide to wines that have dialed it back on the alcohol levels.
Here you’ll find a selection of NZ and imported lighter in alcohol but full flavoured wines.
- Low alcohol (9%) medium style Riesling - made by real Doctors!
- 93/100 & Top Value (Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review) - "A perfect acid-and-sugar balance with a dry-ish and lingering finish"
- Like biting into a fresh Granny Smith, this is simply devine!
- A light, refreshing, juicy, sweeter style red that's got a bit of spritz to it
- Slightly lower in alcohol at just 7.5%
- First produced in 2000, it's blend of Sumoll and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes
- A great place to start for non-red wine drinkers or those that love 'em a bit on the sweet side!
- Love 'em a bit sweeter? This one's juicy, fruity and slightly sparkling (and a bit lower in alcohol at just 10%)
- A blend of Shiraz and the Italian grape Dolcetto
- Serve it chilled with spicy curries, desserts & cheeses
- Fun, fresh, fruity and slightly sweeter style bubbles by Brown Brothers
- Just 6% in alcohol - great for bubbly breakfasts, brunches, lunches or with a range of desserts
- Zibibbo is the Italian word for Muscat of Alexandria (the grape they use to make this wine)
- A sweet, dry style, pink bubbles by the guys at Brown Brothers in Australia
- The perfect fizz for a girls night in (or the lads - your secret's safe with us!)
- Lower in alcohol at only 7%
- Marlborough Sauvy that's lower in alcohol at just 9.5%
- 90/100 & Top Value (Bob Campbell MW) - "Low alcohol (9.5%), dry with high energy. A nicely balanced wine with a lingering finish"
- Lower in alcohol and calories - a healthier option for Sauvy slurpers
- John & Brigid Forrest - they're real Doctors and the duo behind this label
- WINERY PRICE INCREASE DUE SOON! Final stocks at this price
- Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc that's lighter in alcohol at just 9.5%
- 86/100 & Top Value (Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review) - "A suggestion of sweetness is balanced by crisp acidity to give a pleasantly dry and mouth-watering finish"
- Y for Yealands and Y for White Road - the iconic road that runs along their stunning coastal vineyard
- Certified CarboNZero, one of the greenest vineyards in NZ!
- Lighter in alcohol than standard Sauvy at just 9%
- Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc grapes, picked and harvested early, it's naturally lower in alcohol
- A great lunchtime style with barbecued shrimps, prawns or a cheeky chicken salad