Here you’ll find a selection of NZ and imported organic, bio dynamic and natural wines. No longer just the wine choice of hippies, more and more producers and wine consumers are turning to organic wine.
Although rules and regulations differ between countries here in NZ organic wine is regulated that “no synthetic chemical fertilisers, pesticides or herbicides” can be used in organic vineyards.
- 92/100 & Top Rank Award (Huon Hooke, The Real Review) - "This vintage seems to have more depth and character than its forebears"
- Grenache & Syrah blend - soft, juicy Grenache (60%), Syrah (40%) gives it its spicy, heart-warming, red fruit driven goodness
- Named after the 45th Parallel, often called the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole
- Biodynamic and organically produced Rhone valley red
- Great value Martinborough Pinot produced by the family owned Te Hera Estate
- Medium bodied full of classic soft, savoury red fruit flavours - made for pairing with game meats like duck!
- Formerly known as "Kiritea" (it means "fair weather" in Maori)
- Classy Central Otago Pinot by Peregrine
- Selected for in the "Fine Wines of NZ" list
- Named after the endangered NZ falcon (the Kareara) - it's the bird you'll find on the back of a twenty dollar bill
- Drink over the next 3-5 years with game meat dishes
- First class Marlborough Sauvy, crafted by a talented ex-Cloudy Bay duo
- 93/100 (Bob Campbell MW) - "A serious sauvignon with intensity"
- Scoring 95/100 from Bob Campbell MW for 9 of the last 11 vintages - seriously impressive!
- Not your everyday Marlborough Sauvy - aged for 18 months in old French oak using wild yeasts, this is a wine with several years cellaring in mind!
- Made by ex-Cloudy Bay winemakers
- 5 Stars, 96/100 & Top Rank (Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review)
- "It's Sauvignon Jim, but not as we know it!" (Bob Campbell MW)
- HOT PRICE! Was $27.99 on special, now down to $24.99. Limited stocks
- 5 Stars (Sam Kim), 90/100 (Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review)
- "Bright, fresh, high-energy pinot noir...Should age well. Offers value at this price" (Bob Campbell MW)
- Certified organic Pinot Noir from a family owned Waipara producer
- "Burgundian" style Pinot with all the fancy treatment and TLC you get from a boutique producer
- Spanish Rose, off-dry, succulent and juicy!
- A Kiwi connection - produced with the help of an NZ Master of Wine! (Sam Harrop)
- The vineyard sits on the land once ruled by an all powerful gang of...sheep ranchers! ("The Mesta")
NZ Wine Rater – 4 Stars (Highly Commended)
- "At its best, this is one of the finest Pinot Gris in the country" (Michael Cooper)
- 94/100 (Bob Campbell MW), "Top Rank" (The Real Review), Listed in the Fines Wines of NZ for 2019 - served to Air NZ's Business Premier
- Lucious, rich style with plenty of texture and a delicious mouthfeel
- From the Waipara in north Canterbury
Sam Kim – 95 Points
The Real Review – Top Rank
Bob Campbell MW – 4 Stars
Fine Wines of New Zealand