Out of stock
Prepare to be blown away! An utterly jaw dropping, blockbuster Aussie Shiraz with all the trimmings that absolutely smokes any other Aussie red you could find for fifteen bucks! This one-off, very limited edition release was made with one aim in mind – to produce an Aussie red exclusively for the NZ market that over delivers for the money. Does it what – this has it in spades!
They say that two heads are better than one – but one case will not be enough. It took two heads, almost two years of planning, fifteen months in oak and a final selection from just ten barrels. Oh, and a couple of beers to hatch the plan!
The two heads are Matt Broomhead (winemaker at Three Dark Horses) and David Healy (wine importer and distributor) and together those two heads have produced one seriously, seriously good Shiraz now up for grabs for fifteen bucks.
Produced from a “one in twenty” McLaren Vale vintage and given all the bells ‘n’ whistles treatment of a wine worth a whole heap more…
* Stunning 2018 McLaren Vale vintage – “1 in 20” says winemaker Matt
* Five Star and “Dark Horse” winery by James Halliday
* Small batch, limited edition release
* Produced from 20 year old vines
* A portion of fruit hand picked
* 100% basket pressed (an expensive, labour intensive winery tool used to produce high quality fruit!)
* Aged 15 months in French & American oak (25% new)
* Just ten barrels made the final selection
* Produced from Matt’s “Blewitt Springs” vineyard
That Blewitt Springs vineyard has certainly got Aussie’s top wine critic James Halliday all excited. “I’m very confident that Matt Broomhead’s venture is destined for greater things in the coming years, as its newly acquired vineyard and onsite winery come on-stream.”
A deep, dark, inky colour in the glass, a delicious big and rich style that’s packed full of juicy, ripe berry fruit flavours with a long, luxurious finish. All this for $15 a bottle – it’s absolutely incredible.
When we say limited edition release, we mean it. Buy a case and you’ll be back or a second of a third, it’s that good. With only a few hundred cases made this ain’t gonna last so don’t hesitate.