Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone

Will appeal to Cotes-du-Rhone lovers and geography nerds!

Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone

2021, Rhone Valley France
  • 90/100 (James Suckling) - "A good advertisement for the 2021 vintage in the Rhône, this has stacks of red fruit and spice aromas, including a touch of pepper....Moderately dry finish. From organically grown grapes."
  • Grenache & Syrah blend - soft, juicy Grenache (60%), Syrah (40%) gives it its spicy, heart-warming, red fruit driven goodness
  • Named after the 45th Parallel, often called the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole
  • Biodynamic and organically produced Rhone valley red
James Suckling – 90 Points
RRP $30.99

$24.99

Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone. Named after the 45th Parallel, often called the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole. This invisible line runs right through some of Paul Jaboulet’s vineyards in the Rhone Valley, southern France.

What might seem like a fairly trivial piece of info only likely to appeal to geography nerds, it’s actually a big deal in these neck of the woods! In the local village of Pont de l’Isère they’ve built a monument and everything, inscribed into it are the words “The South begins here”.

Produced in an area in the south of the Rhone Valley, where the wines are blended and generally a bit more soft and juicy (in the northern part of the Rhone you might find more smokey, minerally styles). Grenache just loves the scorching hot plains of southern France, which why you’ll find 60% of this blend is made up of this soft, juicy grape. The other 40% is Syrah which gives it its spicy, heart-warming, red fruit driven goodness.

Swirl this one effortlessly down with roasted or grilled meats – or the evening cheese board!

  • 14%
  • 750ml
  • Cork
More Wines From Paul Jaboulet
HowAboutSomethingThat's...
Church Road 1 Single Vineyard Gimblett Gravels Malbec
The National Wine Awards of Aotearoa NZ – Gold
Sam Kim – 97 Points
Bob Campbell MW – 5 Stars
China Wine & Spirits – Gold
NZIWS Gold
Hawkes Bay Wine Awards – Gold
Cuisine 5 Stars

$120.00

cheaper
Trapiche Malbec
2023, Mendoza
Trapiche Malbec
New World Wine Awards Silver

$13.99

same brand
Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone
James Suckling – 90 Points

$24.99

Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone
Paul Jaboulet Parallèle 45 Cotes du Rhone 2021, Rhone Valley France
$24.99 RRP $30.99
TEST
-
+
Basic