An absolute stunning buy from Central Otago, straight from the winery itself! This is oozing with class for the money, single vineyard Central Otago Pinot Gris, made by a superstar winemaker, crafted to sell in the $25-30 price bracket but with Covid-19 hammering restaurant, cafe and bar sales this wine is now up for grabs at a jaw dropping $17.99!
What a buy this is. Seriously, we cannot recommend highly enough to hook in a grab a case or two now! Here’s why we’re so bloody excited about this deal…
* Insane quality for the money! RRP $27 – now $17.99!
* Previously only available ex-cellar door and in selected restaurants, bars and cafes in Central Otago
* 5 Stars, 93/100 (Sam Kim)
* Made by Nanny Goat, one of our favourite Central Otago producers
* Organically farmed, single vineyard wine from the newly aquired Archangel vineyard
* Off-dry in style – gorgeous spicy pear, melon, apricot flavours with just a touch of sweetness and a dry finish!
* Made by legendary winemaker Peter Bartle – he’s also the man who’s help produce Wooing Tree, Bald Hills, Lowburn Ferry, Domain Road, Grasshopper Rock, Mt Pisa and more!
Keen for a good feed and a glass of something nice (Pinot no doubt) at Queenstown’s Skyline restaurant Melbourne businessman John Valmorbida ignored the gondola signs and decided to take the scenic route up the hill.
What he thought would be a gentle, relaxing stroll turned into a cross country adventure across rugged terrain, encountering the odd Nanny Goat we’d say judging by the fact he went on to open up his own vineyard and named it so!
This is drinking absolutely superbly right now but a wine of this quality will comfortably be tucked away for another 3-4 years. No goats were harmed in the making of this Pinot, but we do recommend a bloody good Thai green curry to go with a chilled glass of this one.