What a stunner this is! A cancelled export Pinot Noir deal that can only be described as utterly, completely bonkers! Seriously, Pinots at this level for under fifteen bucks are dime a dozen stuff so don’t muck about and grab yourself a box or two while you can!
Made at the famous Nautilus Estate in Marlborough by legendary winemaker Clive Jones. This export label called Lanark Lane was bound for the UK for a major pub and hotel chain. With Covid and lockdown closures causing havoc in the UK hospitality scene this big shipment has now been cancelled and is up for grabs for a simply ridiculous $14.99 per bottle.
This is bang for buck way, way off the charts. Check out what you’re getting for ‘yer dosh here…
* Cancelled export Pinot Noir made at Nautilus Estate
* Recently rated 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars (Sam Kim, Feb 2021)
* Made by legendary winemaker Clive Jones (finalist for Winemaker of the Year in Gourmet Traveller magazine)
* Destined for a major UK pub and hotel chain, cancelled due to Covid lockdown closures
* Currently selling online in the UK for NZD$21 per bottle
* Using fruit from Awatere vineyards in Marlborough
* 100% of the wine aged in oak barrels
With a little over 5 years bottle age this is still drinking superbly well as a gorgeously matured Pinot and has the legs to go another year or so yet. Medium bodied in style it’s full of game-like characters and spicy dark berry/cherry flavours. Pure deliciousness from whoa to go!
The wine recently (Feb 2021) got put in front of local wine critic Sam Kim – who gave it thumbs up with a 4 1/2 out of 5 Star rating. Here’s what Sam had to say…
“A beautifully maturing pinot showing dried cherry, smoked game, earthy mushroom and toasted nut aromas on the nose, followed by a finely textured palate delivering elegant weight and spicy
nuances. It’s well structured by plenty of grainy tannins, finishing long and pleasingly dry. At its best: now to 2022.”
Please note as this wine is an export label there is no set RRP for the wine in NZ. The wine is selling online in the UK currently at NZD$21 per bottle (at the cheapest price)
Damn, you're looking young for your age!
Verify that you are 18 or older to shop our website.