Showing 0 to 10 of 28 results
- Mills Reef's flagship range, only released under this label when the fruit is top notch
- Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits), 4 1/2 Stars & No.3 NZ Bordeax blend (Cuisine magazine 2019)
- "rich spices...dark-red berry fruits and a ripe palate" (Cuisine magazine 2019)
- Aged for 17 months in premium French and American oak, cellar until 2025
- From one of the McLaren Vale's oldest producers
- "Pirramimma" is an aboriginal phrase for 'moon and the stars' (grab this, you'll be over the moon!)
- It's full of classic Cabernet flavours - blackcurrants, dark berries and plums with a touch of spice
- Solid cellaring potential of 10-12 years
- Made by Johnny Q - aka John Quarisa. He's the same guy that produces the blockbuster Shot in the Dark and 30 Mile range!
- 91/100 (James Halliday's Wine Companion), Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits Competition 2020)
- "A wine that is as striking for its piercing currant flavours as it for its comparative restraint...highly varietal and rewarding." (James Halliday's Wine Companion)
James Halliday – Dark Horse Winery of the Year (2021)
- 5 Star James Halliday Winery (2021) and Dark Horse Winery of the Year winner (2021)
- "This modern Australian winery produces wines that are brilliant bang for buck" (James Halliday)
- 87/100 & Top Value (Huon Hooke, The Real Review) - "It certainly offers a stack of flavour and guts for the paltry price. A bargain."
- Using fruit from 2 different sub regions - Bendigo (Victoria) and Hilltops (NSW)
James Halliday 5 Star Winery (2021)
The Real Review – Top Value
The Real Review – Top Rank
- From the Coonawarra in South Australia (Wynns were one of the first to plant grapes here)
- 98/100 (Huon Hooke, The Real Review) - "Tremendous persistence and utterly gorgeous flavours"
- 96/100 (James Halliday) - "This is a top class Black Label, fully deserving this price"
- Drink now or cellar for a further 10-15 years from vintage
Huon Hooke – 5 Stars
James Halliday 5 Star Winery (2020)
James Halliday 96 Points
James Halliday 5 Star Winery
- Four times winners of "Argentina Wine Producer of the Year" and a regular listing as "Value Brands of the Year" by Wines & Spirits Magazine
- Easy drinking, fruit driven, juicy Cabernet
- Ideal with pretty much any slab of red meat, or a meaty pizza!
- One of Australia's great value for money red wine labels!
- Multi region blend from across South Australia
- Medium bodied, fruit driven Cabernet - perfect for hearty red meat dishes!
- Medium to full bodied Cabernet from the Clare Valley in South Australia
- 4 Stars & Best Buy (Cuisine magazine 2021), 90/100 & Top Value (Bob Campbell MW) - "A crowd-pleasing cabernet sauvignon that offers good value at this price"
- Try food matching it with Kangaroo meatballs - if you're short on a pair of those we reckon a cut of good old Kiwi lamb or venison would do the trick!
- The Devil lives in the cellar, or so the story goes...
- Top UK wine writer Matthew Jukes has recommended this wine in every year of his fifteen years as a wine critic!
- Medium to full bodied red, crammed with delicious cassis fruit!