Showing 0 to 10 of 28 results
- A blend from across South Australia - Coonawarra, Barossa and McLaren Vale
- Aged for 5 months in oak - medium bodied, full of rich, juicy black berry and cherry flavours
- Formerly known as just "Gold Label", now "Gold Label Regional Reserve"
- Mills Reef's flagship range, only released under this label when the fruit is top notch
- Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits), 4 1/2 Stars & No.3 NZ Bordeax blend (Cuisine magazine 2019)
- "rich spices...dark-red berry fruits and a ripe palate" (Cuisine magazine 2019)
- Aged for 17 months in premium French and American oak, cellar until 2025
- From one of the McLaren Vale's oldest producers
- "Pirramimma" is an aboriginal phrase for 'moon and the stars' (grab this, you'll be over the moon!)
- It's full of classic Cabernet flavours - blackcurrants, dark berries and plums with a touch of spice
- Solid cellaring potential of 10-12 years
- Made by Johnny Q - aka John Quarisa. He's the same guy that produces the blockbuster Shot in the Dark and 30 Mile range!
- 91/100 (James Halliday's Wine Companion), Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits Competition 2020)
- "A wine that is as striking for its piercing currant flavours as it for its comparative restraint...highly varietal and rewarding." (James Halliday's Wine Companion)
James Halliday 5 Star Winery (2021)
- From the Coonawarra in South Australia (Wynns were one of the first to plant grapes here)
- 97/100 & Top Rank (Huon Hooke, The Real Review) - "A superb wine and a classic of both variety and region"
- 96/100 (James Halliday) - "One sip, you're in. Another seductive Black Label and it's a wow."
- Drink now or cellar for a further 10-15 years from vintage
The Real Review – Top Rank
Huon Hooke – 5 Stars
James Halliday 96 Points
- Cabernet Sauvignon from the Barossa
- H&V stands for Hill & Valley - fruit from the Adelaide Hills and the Eden Valley regions of the Barossa
- "There are dark brooding fruit aromas with hints of blueberry and choc-mint"
- One of Australia's great value for money red wine labels!
- Multi region blend from across South Australia
- Medium bodied, fruit driven Cabernet - perfect for hearty red meat dishes!
The Real Review – Top Value
- Medium to full bodied Cabernet from the Clare Valley & Limestone Coast in South Australia
- 90/100 & Top Value (Amanda Yallop, The Real Review) - "A full-body with an expressive fruit profile, cassis, prunes, cherry and bay leaf"
- Try food matching it with Kangaroo meatballs - if you're short on a pair of those we reckon a cut of good old Kiwi lamb or venison would do the trick!
The Real Review – 4 Stars
Mundus Vini – Gold
New World Wine Awards Silver
- The Devil lives in the cellar, or so the story goes...
- Top UK wine writer Matthew Jukes has recommended this wine in every year of his fifteen years as a wine critic!
- Medium to full bodied red, crammed with delicious cassis fruit!