Showing 20 to 25 of 25 results
Hawkes Bay Wine Awards – Trophy
- Trophy & Gold - Champion Syrah (Hawke's Bay Wine Awards 2019), 5 Stars & No.1 NZ Syrah (Cuisine magazine 2020)
- Listed in the Fines Wines of NZ for 2019 - served to Air NZ's Business Premier
- Using Villa's best fruit from the Gimblett Gravels this is their ultimate expression of Syrah - it's all class!
- Drink now or over the next 10-15 years
Fine Wines of New Zealand
Cuisine 5 Stars
Hawkes Bay Wine Awards – Gold
- Trophy Champion Other White (NZ Wine of the Year Awards 2019), Gold medal (NZ Wine of the Year Awards 2019)
- Rich, full bodied white with a touch of spice
- Food match? Try chicken tangine with a creamy almond and apricot sauce and a nicely chilled glass of this!
- Listed in the Fines Wines of NZ for 2020 - served to Air NZ's Business Premier
- 94/100 (Bob Campbell MW) - "A deliciously accessible wine with cellaring time ahead"
- The very best parcels of fruit from Villa's Gimblett Gravels vineyards
- Cellar for 10-15 years yet
- A wine 25 years in the making, from the vintage of a lifetime, Villa Maria's new flagship wine!
- 98/100 (Bob Campbell MW) - "It’s quite an extraordinary wine"
- 100/100 (Sam Kim) - "Is this perfection? No, it’s better than that, if that’s possible!"
- One for the ages - cellar for 20+ years!
- From a single vineyard (Seddon!) on the banks of the Awatere River
- 4 1/2 Stars (Michael Cooper) - "a mouthfilling, fleshy wine, with strong, yet delicate, stone-fruit and spice flavours, fresh acidity, and a finely poised, dryish finish."
- "One of the country's top Pinot Gris...this wine is a classic" (Michael Cooper)