AND THE WINNER IS…
We’re stoked to be a retail partner to the Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2017 – Aotearoa’s premier wine competition. Over 1,300 NZ wines were entered into this year’s competition and put to the test by a line up of the very best local and international judges and experts.
Below you’ll find a selection Trophy & Gold medal winners to buy.
- This label never fails to clean up at the wine shows and competitions
- Gold (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), Gold (Royal Easter Wine Show 2017), 5 Stars (Raymond Chan),
- Named after a tree in the middle of the vineyard (what goes on under the tree is another story)
- Gold medal winner (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017)
- The Sauvy with a cult following - it's on the money every year!
- "When Jules talks about Sauvignon Blanc, clouds part and celestial choirs sing. This is the wine Jules loves."
- Gold medal (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), Gold medal (NZ Int'l Wine Show 2017)
- The largest privately owned single estate vineyard in Central Otago
- From the Bannockburn sub region of Central Otago
- Formerly an apricot orchard, this vineyard is fast becoming a star of the Central Otago region
- Gold medal (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017)
- Kate and Will were snapped swirling back a glass or two of Domain Road on their NZ Royal visit, Pinot fit for a future King!
- Gold medal (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), 94/100 (Bob Campbell MW)
- The very best parcels of fruit from Villa's Marlborough vineyards
- "An elegant charmer rather than a blockbuster style that's deliciously drinkable now but promises to develop further" (Bob Campbell)
- A label dedicated to the bloke some call the "Father of Red Wine in NZ" - Tom McDonald
- This would've been Tom's kind of wine - a full bodied, classic Bordeaux style Cabernet
- Food matching? Try savoury and red meat dishes, hard and blue cheeses
- Trophy Champion Merlot, Cabernet & Blends (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), Gold medal (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), 4 Stars (Michael Cooper MW)
- Certified Bio-Gro Organic Merlot - free of nasty pesticides and herbicides!
- Soft, silky Hawke's Bay Merlot with bright, juicy berry fruit flavours
Michael Cooper 5 Stars
- Trophy Champion Gewurztraminer (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), Trophy Champion Gewurztraminer (Marlborough Wine Show 2017), 3 Gold medals plus 5 Stars (Michael Cooper MW)
- "Lawson's have produced one of Marlborough's top examples of Gewürztraminer for many years." (Bob Campbell MW)
- Lip smackingly delicious, off-dry, rich style white - perfect with spicy Asian cuisine!
Marlborough Wine Show – Gold
Air NZ Wine Awards Gold
Marlborough Wine Show – Trophy
Air NZ Wine Awards Trophy
China Wine & Spirits – Gold
- Gold medal (NZ Int'l Wine Show 2017), Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits Awards), 5 Stars (Sam Kim), 5 Stars (Raymond Chan)
- Fast becoming one of our favourite premium Hawke's Bay producers!
- From their Gimblett and Te Awanga vineyards - this has huge cellaring potential of a decade or longer
Raymond Chan 5 Stars
Sam Kim 5 Stars
Air NZ Wine Awards Gold
Winestate 4 1/2 Stars
- Stunning Hawke's Bay Chardonnay, consistently up there with NZ's best!
- Gold medal (Air NZ Wine Awards 2017), "Oh lordy, what a wine!" (Yvonne Lorkin), 19.5/20 (Raymond Chan), 96/100 (Sam Kim), 5 Stars (Winestate magazine)
- Cellar for 5-8 years from vintage